Thursday, October 8, 2009


So today I went for coffee with Briony and Claire and I went for lunch with Hein. I noticed that I only felt uncomfortable when my gaze met another woman's. It is true, woman dress for other woman. Guys usually don't care or don't notice the things we fret about. Woman on the other hand are hyper aware and super judgemental of other women's outfits. (Forgive the generalisation).

So today's outfit was all plain black except for my very white
tekkies. (They really stood out against the black.) Yeah, again it was awkward at times but I'm kinda getting used to the feeling...


5 comments:

  1. That outfit just really brings out those Hot Sexy Tekkies...
    I agree.. women are the ones that do seem to be the most critical/observant/and notice the most details...
    I can't wait until you wear the scrunchy and crocs! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right...when women see each other they automatically size each other up. Whereas boys generally couldn't care less.
    How has Ross reacted to your look? (her husband for anyone reading this) Any comments?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Ross's own words..."but to me you always look beautiful" Well some of you might think he is just cleverly trained in "phrases that please the opposite sex", but I believe he actually couldn't care less what I wear.Sometimes I feel my effort is so wasted on him, but I should be happy that he thinks I'm gorgeous no matter what...hmmm...this is a whole other can of worms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say that I genuinely think she's gorgeous no matter what. It really isn't just a matter of trying to please her by saying the "right thing".
    However, it has also crossed my mind that it could upset her if I don't notice or specifically comment when she dresses up. But when I'm compliment the outfit I most certainly don't mean she doesn't look good otherwise. The ultimate conundrum that has haunted men for ages.

    ReplyDelete