Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's going to be 20/20 hindsight isn't it.


So another day of bitch and moan because I feel dull and boring and would like to bite a sizeable piece off my wrist and chew on it a bit. I was telling my good friend Michelle today that I wish I could say I feel transformed and liberated by this experience but actually it's a pain in my ass. Just being honest here. There are aspects about this brief that I love. It's real. You cant procrastinate till the night before and you read the texts in a different light because they become part of your self analysis. (Thanks Franci for giving us an interesting challenge)...But, I still long to be reunited with my wardrobe and "find myself" again. I am still just as dependant on adornments and my All Stars as I was before, but I suppose the liberation is in the ability to persevere and do something that scares the shit out of you.

Well, I just rubbed my eyes and realised that I couldn't do that before unless I wanted my perfectly applied eyeliner and double layer mascara somewhere in the vicinity of my cheek bones. Hmmm....I might miss some things about my "plain Jane" experience once it's all over.

(Insert amazing academic reference here)

(Forgive the lack thereof right about here)

2 comments:

  1. i liked this.
    i don't really need to justify that.
    but i'm glad you're tired and being honest.
    if you still felt good you'd be weird.

    *high five.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this made me laugh so much!
    I'm also over it, and a bit disappointed that I have yet to have the 'I don't need make-up, I'm beautiful as I am!' epiphany!
    Well you never know, 5 days left!

    ReplyDelete