Sunday, October 4, 2009

The face of Kelso

So after doing some more self analysis I have realized that my insecurities are more complex than just looking "presentable". As I am labelled as a "creative" I feel I should look creative. When I get stuck in a wardrobe rut and I don't "look the part" I feel like a creative imposter and I become less confident about my creative ability. Logically I can see how this is somewhat ridiculous, but I find myself constantly linking dress to creativity.

I fear the label "plain Jane". I don't ever want to be a purely "practical dresser" that only stocks up on the basics that supposedly "never go out of fashion". That being said, I still like to be comfortable in what I wear, but I definitely take a minute in the morning to "put myself together". (this is an insight pointed out by my dear friend Claire Hirsch) I feel a great outfit improves my mood dramatically and makes me feel like I can do this whole advertising thing.

Now this brings me to a slightly adjusted challenge for the next two weeks. I will become what I can only describe as "the face of Kelso" (you know that Edgars brand that always stocks the jeans our moms wear and are eternally faithful to the boring "classics") I will become Plain Jane who never does anything to express herself with her clothing. I will also fall into the trap of wearing "the tekkie with the jean pant" UGH. I would usually never be seen dead in trainers and jeans. I strongly believe that athletic shoes are purely for going to the gym, hiking etc.

This will be an interesting two weeks. Shit.

1 comment:

  1. You know I identify with this so much. Its so strange that, no matter how talented we may be, we still think that some overpriced 'art-girl' outfit will make us more creative. Time to put down the eyeliner and pick up our pens instead! (Mine being the photoshop tool ;)

    ReplyDelete